Why Burrito Beach is a must-visit in Chicago
Burrito Beach is a popular fast-casual restaurant chain in Chicago that specializes in Mexican cuisine, particularly burritos. Founded in 1995 by brothers Greg and Judd Spielman, Burrito Beach has grown to become a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
The Spielman brothers opened the first Burrito Beach location in downtown Chicago with the aim of offering customers a healthy and delicious fast-food option. The restaurant’s popularity grew quickly, leading to the opening of several more locations throughout the city.
In 2011, Burrito Beach was acquired by Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, a Chicago-based restaurant group known for its diverse portfolio of restaurants. Since the acquisition, Burrito Beach has continued to thrive and expand, with its menu evolving to include new items and flavors.
Menu offerings at Burrito Beach
Burrito Beach’s menu offers a range of Mexican-inspired dishes, with the burrito being the star of the show. Customers can choose from a variety of proteins, including grilled steak, chicken, pork, and tofu. Burritos can also be customized with a range of toppings, such as guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
In addition to burritos, Burrito Beach offers other popular Mexican dishes like tacos, quesadillas, and bowls. The menu also includes breakfast items like breakfast burritos and breakfast bowls.
Burrito Beach has several specialty items that are worth trying. One of the most popular is the Beach Burrito, which comes packed with rice, beans, cheese, and a choice of protein, and is served with a side of tortilla chips.
Another must-try is the Beach Bowl, a bowl filled with rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, and a choice of protein, topped with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
Vegetarian and vegan options
Burrito Beach has plenty of options for vegetarians and vegans. Tofu can be substituted for any protein, and there are plenty of vegetarian-friendly toppings like black beans, pico de gallo, and sautéed vegetables.
Burrito Beach offers catering services for events of all sizes, from small office meetings to large parties. The catering menu includes a variety of platters, including a burrito platter, taco platter, and salad platter. Burrito Beach also offers catering packages that include drinks and dessert.
Is Burrito beach gluten free
Burrito Beach offers several gluten-free menu items, including bowls, salads, and tacos that can be made with corn tortillas. However, the restaurant’s burritos are typically made with flour tortillas and are not gluten-free. It’s always best to inform the staff of any dietary restrictions or allergies when placing an order, so they can ensure that your meal is prepared safely and according to your needs.
Burrito beach menu
The menu at Burrito Beach features a variety of Mexican-inspired dishes, with a focus on burritos. Here is a sample of the menu offerings at Burrito Beach:
- Beach Burrito: Rice, beans, cheese, and a choice of protein (steak, chicken, pork, or tofu), served with tortilla chips
- Super Beach Burrito: Same as the Beach Burrito, but with additional toppings like guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Veggie Beach Burrito: Rice, beans, cheese, and sautéed vegetables, served with tortilla chips
- Steak Tacos: Grilled steak with lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheese, served on soft corn tortillas
- Chicken Tacos: Grilled chicken with lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheese, served on soft corn tortillas
- Veggie Tacos: Sautéed vegetables with lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheese, served on soft corn tortillas
- Beach Bowl: Rice, beans, lettuce, cheese, and a choice of protein, topped with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Super Beach Bowl: Same as the Beach Bowl, but with additional toppings like sautéed vegetables and black beans
- Veggie Bowl: Rice, beans, lettuce, sautéed vegetables, and cheese, topped with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Steak Quesadilla: Grilled steak with cheese, served with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Chicken Quesadilla: Grilled chicken with cheese, served with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Veggie Quesadilla: Sautéed vegetables with cheese, served with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
- Breakfast Burrito: Scrambled eggs, cheese, and a choice of protein, served with salsa and potatoes
- Breakfast Bowl: Scrambled eggs, cheese, and a choice of protein, served with rice, beans, and salsa
In addition to the above items, Burrito Beach also offers a variety of sides, including chips and guacamole, chips and salsa, and black beans. The menu also includes a selection of drinks, including soda, iced tea, and bottled water.
Burrito beach nutrition
Burrito Beach offers a variety of menu options, and the nutritional information may vary depending on the specific dish and ingredients used. Here is some general information about the nutrition of Burrito Beach’s menu items:
- Burritos: The calories in Burrito Beach burritos can range from 550 to 1020 calories, depending on the size and ingredients. The fat content can also range from 14 grams to 54 grams, and the sodium content can range from 700 mg to 2200 mg.
- Tacos: The calories in Burrito Beach tacos can range from 140 to 230 calories per taco, depending on the protein and toppings. The fat content can range from 4 grams to 12 grams, and the sodium content can range from 160 mg to 440 mg.
- Bowls: The calories in Burrito Beach bowls can range from 490 to 1010 calories, depending on the protein and toppings. The fat content can range from 11 grams to 47 grams, and the sodium content can range from 650 mg to 2130 mg.
- Quesadillas: The calories in Burrito Beach quesadillas can range from 520 to 720 calories, depending on the protein and cheese used. The fat content can range from 25 grams to 35 grams, and the sodium content can range from 1200 mg to 1700 mg.
Burrito Beach does offer some healthier options, such as their veggie bowls and veggie tacos, which can be lower in calories and fat. They also offer vegetarian and vegan options for those looking for plant-based options.
It’s always a good idea to check the nutritional information of menu items before ordering, especially if you are watching your calorie, fat, or sodium intake. Burrito Beach’s website provides more detailed nutritional information for their menu items.
Burrito Beach has several locations throughout Chicago, including downtown, Lincoln Park, and O’Hare International Airport. The downtown location is just steps from the Magnificent Mile, making it a convenient spot for tourists and locals alike.
Reviews and customer experiences
Customers rave about the quality of the food and the friendly service at Burrito Beach. Many also appreciate the restaurant’s fast and efficient ordering process, which allows for quick service during busy lunch hours.
Sustainability and social responsibility
Burrito Beach is committed to sustainability and social responsibility. The restaurant uses locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, and all of its packaging is recyclable or compostable. Burrito Beach also supports several local charities and organizations, including the Chicago Food Depository and the Lincoln Park Zoo.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy fast-food option in Chicago, Burrito Beach is definitely worth a visit. With a wide range of menu options, including plenty of vegetarian and vegan-friendly dishes, Burrito Beach has something for everyone. Plus, its commitment to sustainability and social responsibility makes it a responsible choice for conscientious diners.