Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is a delicious and healthy twist on the classic Italian dish. It is gluten-free version of the traditional chicken parmesan that is made without any wheat-based ingredients, such as bread crumbs or flour, which contain gluten. Instead, gluten-free alternatives are used to create a crispy coating for the chicken, such as gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour. The dish is then topped with a flavorful tomato sauce and melted cheese for a delicious and satisfying meal. It is a perfect option for those who have gluten sensitivities or celiac disease and are looking for a tasty gluten-free alternative to the classic recipe.
There are several benefits to making Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan:
- Healthier Option: Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan can be a healthier option than the traditional version, as it eliminates the use of gluten, which is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. This makes it an ideal option for those with celiac disease, gluten sensitivities, or those who simply want to avoid gluten in their diet.
- Nutritious: Chicken is a great source of protein, and when paired with gluten-free ingredients such as almond flour or gluten-free breadcrumbs, Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan can provide a nutritious and balanced meal.
- Delicious and Satisfying: Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is a delicious and satisfying dish that is sure to please both adults and children alike. The crispy chicken, tangy tomato sauce, and melted cheese create a perfect combination of flavors and textures.
- Versatile: Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan can be made with a variety of different ingredients and cooking methods, making it a versatile dish that can be tailored to suit individual tastes and dietary needs.
- Easy to Make: Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is easy to make and can be ready in under an hour, making it a great option for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) gluten-free tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the gluten-free breadcrumbs (or almond flour), Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to adhere.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the breaded chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and top with the tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!
Tips for Making the Perfect Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Start with high-quality chicken breasts, gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour, and a good quality gluten-free tomato sauce. This will ensure that your dish tastes great and is free from gluten.
- Pound the chicken: Before breading the chicken, pound it to an even thickness. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and stays tender and juicy.
- Season the chicken: Season the chicken well with salt and pepper before breading it. This will ensure that the chicken is flavorful and delicious.
- Use a non-stick pan: Use a non-stick skillet to cook the chicken. This will ensure that the coating stays on the chicken and doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan: Cook the chicken in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and stays crispy.
- Use enough oil: Use enough oil to fry the chicken. This will ensure that the coating stays crispy and doesn’t get soggy.
- Top with plenty of cheese: Top the chicken with plenty of shredded mozzarella cheese. This will ensure that the cheese melts and becomes gooey and delicious.
- Bake at the right temperature: Bake the chicken at 375°F for 20-25 minutes. This will ensure that the chicken cooks all the way through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
By following these tips, you can make the perfect Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan every time!
Best Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Products to Buy
If you’re looking to make Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan, here are some of the best gluten-free products to buy:
- Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs: You can use gluten-free breadcrumbs to create a crispy coating for your chicken. Some popular gluten-free breadcrumb brands include Ian’s Natural Foods Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs, Aleia’s Gluten-Free Foods Italian Breadcrumbs, and 4C Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs.
- Almond Flour: If you’re looking for a low-carb alternative to breadcrumbs, almond flour is a great option. It creates a delicious and crispy coating for the chicken. Some popular brands of almond flour include Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour and Anthony’s Almond Flour.
- Gluten-Free Tomato Sauce: When making chicken parmesan, you’ll need a good quality gluten-free tomato sauce. Some popular gluten-free tomato sauce brands include Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce, Barilla Traditional Pasta Sauce, and Muir Glen Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded mozzarella cheese is the perfect cheese to top your Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan. Some popular brands of gluten-free shredded mozzarella cheese include Organic Valley Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Gluten-Free Chicken Broth: If you’re making your own tomato sauce, you’ll need a good quality gluten-free chicken broth. Some popular brands of gluten-free chicken broth include Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and Imagine Foods Organic Free-Range Chicken Broth.
By using these gluten-free products, you can create a delicious and safe Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan that everyone will love.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is chicken parmesan gluten-free?
Traditional chicken parmesan is not gluten-free as it usually contains breadcrumbs or flour, which are made from wheat. However, you can make a gluten-free version of chicken parmesan by using gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour.
What gluten-free breadcrumbs can I use for chicken parmesan?
You can use gluten-free breadcrumbs made from rice, corn, quinoa, or other gluten-free grains. Some popular brands of gluten-free breadcrumbs include Ian’s Natural Foods Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs, Aleia’s Gluten-Free Foods Italian Breadcrumbs, and 4C Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs.
Can I make chicken parmesan without breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can make chicken parmesan without breadcrumbs by using almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, or a combination of both.
Is all tomato sauce gluten-free?
No, not all tomato sauce is gluten-free. Some tomato sauces may contain wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients. Always check the label to make sure the tomato sauce is gluten-free.
Can I use a gluten-free flour for chicken parmesan?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour, such as rice flour or cornstarch, to coat the chicken before breading it. However, using gluten-free flour alone may not create a crispy coating, so it’s best to use it in combination with gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour.
Can I freeze Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan?
Yes, you can freeze Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan. Allow it to cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Label and date the package, then freeze for up to three months. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, then bake it in the oven until heated through.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed by everyone, including those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. By using gluten-free ingredients such as breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, and chicken broth, you can create a safe and delicious version of this classic Italian dish. With a few tips and tricks, you can make the perfect Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan that’s crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and topped with melted gooey cheese. Whether you’re making it from scratch or using pre-made gluten-free products, Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan is a dish that’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.